What type of documentation do I need for refinance?

Unless you are refinanacing with a “streamline” product, then the documentation you need for a refinance is pretty similar to what you needed for your original mortgage. You need proof of income, which includes the last 30 days of pay stubs, current tax returns, and tax forms such as W-2s and 1099s. Your homeowners insurance and title insurance is needed. You also need your credit information, any monthly debt payments, and your total assets. Lastly, you will need a current appraisal of your home.